Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Professionally dyed hair light then had a dark semi-permanent but want to go light again?

My hair is naturally black and curly. I had it chemically straightened about 6 months ago. Recently I wanted to try out a light colour (light brown/caramel) so I had a full head of foils done 6 days ago and I liked the outcome but my evil mom convinced me to go dark again (red/black) the next day before I had time to adjust to it. :( She kept pestering me and offered to pay.



But now I want to go light again would anyone know how soon I should do this? And how soon I could get foils again after (so all of my hair is the same colour)?



Also will constant coloring on dark hair damage it so its visibly damaged? Or could it that be minimised /made less obvious with the correct products/care?



Professionally dyed hair light then had a dark semi-permanent but want to go light again?

.



Professionally dyed hair light then had a dark semi-permanent but want to go light again?

You're at a point where yes, your hair is going to be damaged. You'll want to wait a couple of weeks, probably a month, before getting your hair bleached light again. Make sure to conditon it and love it as much as possible. There is a good chance your hair is going to look really fried right after it's done for a few weeks. The ends will be frizzy and scraggly looking, and it will most likely be very unruly. Of course you may get lucky but even then, there will still be some amount of damage. Your best bet is to wait as long as possible so your hair has a chance to recover from all the dying and straigtening before.

No comments:

Post a Comment