Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I would like to know how does a black texturizer works?

I'm a black girl with short hair (It's about ear lenght) who's tired of having a perm. My perm almost grown out and I wanted to try a texturizer. My seemed to have stop growing since I started putting it 10 years ago. Since then, each time it grows, it breaks (I use to have shoulder lenght hair). So frustrating!!! So now I'm interested in changing hairstyle.Can somebody tell me how it works and how we go about the care of it? Thanx.



I would like to know how does a black texturizer works?

A texturizer is a weaker version of a relaxer. You'll still be chemically altering your hair and leaving it at risk to be damaged.



Texturizers are best suited for short hairstyles, so if you're trying to grow it out, it's not a good idea, or it will end up long and stringy looking.



Also dont ever ever ever apply a texturizer to hair that has perm/relaxer on it. If you're going to do a texturizer completely cutt off the permed/relaxed hair and apply it to your new growth/virgin hair only.



I feel you on how damaging a relaxer or texturizer can be.. When I had a relaxer it would grow/break/grow/break/grow/break in a never ending cycle and it would have me mad as hell to always have my hair the same length year after year. Once I cut it all off I embraced my natural hair and grew it out for a few years in an afro. Perhaps pressing will work better for you if you don't want to work with your natural/nappy texture. (I love the napps)



have you considered going natural. It's a big step, but definately manageable with a transition period. .. check out the source links for some options



I would like to know how does a black texturizer works?

There are many things that "texturiser" can describe and even more so from country to country. So, when you say "texturiser" what exactly is it that you want? A certain cut or a product?



But, with your hair breaking and such, (without having seen your hair) it sounds to me that your hair is damaged and, possibly, quite dry. Correct? I suggest that you have regular trims every 5 to 6 weeks in order to grow your perm out before any kind of texturising can take place.



Ensure that you are using good conditioning treatments that will add moisture to your hair.



Also, you've mentioned that you used to have shoulder length hair in such a way that suggests to me that it was once easy for you to grow your hair. Have you been looking after your diet or are you on a medication that can affect your hair?



I would like to know how does a black texturizer works?

girl listen 2 a blck sista on dis 1 the texturizer is pretty much a relaxer but does less damage to ur hair and keeps it normal but under control if u go natural and let ur hair grow out accoding to the new growth and if u have 2 in oh new growth then cut 2 in off at tha end of the month it grows easier expecially if u dont put 2 much heat or 2 many chemicals it is best 2 go natural and have braids cuz it lets ur hair go pack 2 the original state and managable trust itll look cute



I would like to know how does a black texturizer works?

A texturizer, relaxes the natural texture of your hair. So for most african americans they have a tightly coiled curlly texture. A textureizer helps relax the curls and make them more manageable. But a texturizer is essentially a relaxer/perm , your just shortening the processing time. A texturizer usually is left in for a few minutes compared to the 15-20 min. for a relaxer. If you leave a texturizer in long enough it will straighten your hair as well.



Since your already growing out your hair you may want to try just going natural. I went natural for 4 years, and it was the best thing I could do for my hair. Now, my hair is healthy, thicker, and that makees it easier to grow.



There is a group called Mahogany Beauty, http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/mah... The group site has a photo gallery featuring natural and relaxed styles. Since your hair is so short a some good style for you would be comb twist, double strand twist, or instead of a texturizer try a short cut that works with your natural texture, chemical free.

No comments:

Post a Comment