Saturday, August 1, 2009

Why do the majority of black men simply shave their heads now?

I'm not the least bit racist, and don't mean to offend anyone by this question, but black people seem to get pissed off because us white folks are always asking about their hair, so you guys might get annoyed. But my question is, why do most black males I see shave their heads or get corn rows rather then having more diverse styles, I'm not trying to stereotype because I do see others that do keep their hair, but I would say a good 80% of the black males I see shave their heads or get cornrows. I always liked the flat top style or what not you guys sported back in the late 80's and through the early 90's, the style Will Smith had as Fresh Prince, it always looked clean and fresh. Its just something I've always been curious about, and this site is a good place to ask those little things you wonder about from time to time. Is it just that your hair is harder to take care of, or is it just the style now?



Why do the majority of black men simply shave their heads now, versus styling it?



Why do the majority of black men simply shave their heads now?

A shaved head is a hairstyle. Most of the hairstyles you mentioned are dated. It's kind of like me asking you why do most white men part their hair on the side and comb it over. Why not grow it out %26amp; tease it like the 80's hair bands. There are many ways a black man can style their hair, it all depends on thier station in life. Most of the time a bald head can fit in at the office and at home, whereas "cornrows" or braids cannot fit in at the office too well. Then there are dreadlocks which sometimes isn't allowed in an office setting. Or a "fade" as it's called is a short hair cut that can have a design cut into it or have "waves", Or a texturizer which is meant to make the hair look curly, and last but not least a "natural" hair style (afro) (there are links to pictures below)

No comments:

Post a Comment