Saturday, August 1, 2009

What do I do with my daughter's hair?

I'm white, my daughter's father is black. She inherited is hair. What's the best way to care for it? Any tips on styling it? It's super curly. Should i get it relaxed? If so, should I wait until she is a certain age? She's 4 1/2 now.



What do I do with my daughter's hair?

I have a daughter who is 3 and her father is white. She has mid-back length hair that is all over the place when she wakes up in the morning. Its a curly grade, not frizzy or "nappy" but it is still kind of poufy. What I do is use a wide tooth comb and a little hair lotion like BB, its a really good brand for little kids, and a bit of spray on detangler like Just For Me. First I spray on the detangler, then comb from the ends of her hair and work my way through until all of the tangles are out. After that I put in the hair lotion and she has perfect spirals that need no more styling unless I choose to put her hair in a ponytail or two french braids. Mixed race hair isn't all that much of a matter, its only becomes an obstacle if you see it as one. Also, don't wash her hair everyday, that only increases the dryness, if you rinse it and condition it every other night that should suffice.



But if its really curly, find a braider.



Do not use greases or anything with mineral oil or petroluem in it, it'll only complicate the hair.



Don't comb it while its dry, it'll snap off.



Never relax a child's hair, it could cause extreme damage and baldness. Its better to wait until she is about 12 for those harsh chemicals.



What do I do with my daughter's hair?

Not exactly sure how to answer this question, since I'm white, but if her hair is as beautiful as most bi-racial black/white children she probably has some wonderful curls. I would just leave it down, condition it pretty well, and put a couple of barrets in it on the sides to keep it out of her face. You're lucky to have a daughter with such cute curly hair.



What do I do with my daughter's hair?

It's too early to get it relaxed.



My friend's niece is half black too and they got hers braided.



I think that's best.



It keeps it out from her eyes and is pretty easy since you only have to do it once...and you can get it done another way every other month or however you want it .



What do I do with my daughter's hair?

Don't relax her hair. Because if the relaxer touches her skin..it will burn badly. So for now, give her corn rows.



What do I do with my daughter's hair?

No, don't perm her yet. She's too young. Why put such harsh chemicals on your child's hair? It could make her hair fall out. Try using a Just For Me texture softener's kit (it's for mixed children). And a curl defining serum. And you could try plaiting %26amp; braiding her hair. Take her to a beauty salon.



What do I do with my daughter's hair?

How about accepting her hair as it is, and teaching her that her curly hair is beautiful the way it is? She should be proud of her heritage. You are talking about relaxing a toddler's hair, that is pretty scary. If she ever wants straight hair, it should be her decision as an older teen.



There are plenty of hair care lines for african-american hair, most containing coconut oil, which is a great natural moisturizer. Keep her hair clean and conditioned and take her to have it cut at a stylist that understands her hair type. That is what you should do with her hair.



What do I do with my daughter's hair?

my friends neice is half white half black.....she has the same problem you do...except she pulls it back in a pony tail and usually puts ribbons in it...but thats really all she can do until she can get it relaxed...



What do I do with my daughter's hair?

usually black peoples hair is oily, so make sure to shampoo it every day. as for the style, ask her what she thinks of it. another tip: if you braid it or put it up with any kind of holder, be sure it is not to tight. this will put stress on the hair and cause it to release more oil! hope i helped!



What do I do with my daughter's hair?

the site www curls biz has products especially made for biracial children with curly hair. the products are really nice. i use them myself. i'd say not to get it relaxed. i stopped getting relaxers because it was messing up my hair. black or mixed people's hair is usually DRY. do NOT shampoo it every day. once a week at the most.



What do I do with my daughter's hair?

I am mixed like your little girl. My hair isn't white or black, it's in a league of its own. My friend (who owns a hair salon) calls it "Asian." She's Chinese. Anyway... you don't want to wash it every day... that strips the oil out of her hair, making it drier and increasing the possibility of breakage. I was my hair once every two weeks... you may want to wash hers once every three or four days. After you wash it, pull it in a low ponytail or braid and let it dry overnight.



With my daughter (hubby is white, again, I'm mixed), I do two ponies, braids, stuff like that. I'll do a pony on top and on bottom, etc. I just keep it back tight so it doesn't get frizzy.



Hope this helps. Good luck.



What do I do with my daughter's hair?

DO NOT relax it! Do NOT shampoo it everyday or will become brittle (no matter how much you moisturize) and will break off. you cab try a little water and gel to hold the hair in place and try a ponytail or multiple ponytails. make sure that you use a brush with plastic bristles if you want a smoother straighter finish.



Or you can just try a creme to enhance natural curls and let her go natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment